Fatiha MORCHID, is poet and novelist.
Born on March 14, 1958 in Bensliman, Morocco.
She is the winner of the 2010 Moroccan Poetry award.
Pediatrician by profession she has Prepared and presented a health care education program for years on the Moroccan TV channel 2M, along with a poetry show on the same station.
A member of the Union of Moroccan Writers.
She has participated in many international cultural events and some of her work has been translated into major languages such as: French, English, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Chinese, Urdu…
- Ima’aat (Gestures). Poems. Dar Attakafah, Casablanca 2002.
- Waraqun ‘Ashik (Leaves of Passion) Poems, First edition by Dar Attakafah, Casablanca, 2003. Second edition, in both languages, Arabic and French (Feuillets passionnés) translated by Touria Ikbal, Marsam Publications, Rabat, 2008
- Ta’ala Numtir» (Let’s rain). Poems. First edition by Dar Charqiat, Cairo, 2006. Second edition in both languages, Arabic and English, translated by Norddine Zouitni, Marsam Publications, Rabat, 2014.
- Ayya Sawaadin Tukhfi ya Qawsa Quzah (What Dark are you Hiding O Rainbow). Poems in both languages Arabic and French. French translation by Abderrahman Tenkoul. Marsam publications, Rabat, 2006.
- Aakhiru Attariqi Awaaluhu (The End of the Road the Beginning). Poems. Arab Cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2009.
- Ma lam yukal baynana (Unspoken), poems, in both languages Arabic and English. English translation by Norddine Zouitni.Arab cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca,2010.
- Inzaa Anni al khota (Take my steps off), Poems, Toubkal edition, Casablanca 2015.
- Etincelle d’ailleurs (Spark elsewhere) Poems in french, Unicité Edition, collection « Poètes francophones planétaires) Paris 2017.
- Hamimiyat al ghaym (The Intimacy of Clouds), poems, in both languages Arabic and English. English translation by Norddine Zouitni. Book cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca,2020.
- Lahazat la Ghayr (Just a Few Moments). A novel. Arab Cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2007, 2010 and 2012.
- Makhaalibu al Mut’a (Fun’s Claws). A Novel. Arab Cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2009 and 2010.
- Al Mulhimat (The Muses), A Novel, Arab Cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2011.
- Al hakko fi Arrahil (The right to leave), Novel, Arab cultural Center, Beirut/Casablanca, 2013.
- Al taw’am (The Twins), Novel, Book cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, first and second editions 2016.
- In’itak arraghba (Liberating desire), Novel, Book cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2019.
- Noktat Al Inhidar (The point of declin), Novel, Book cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2022.
- Li anna l’hobba la yakfi (As Love is not enough), Short stories, in both languages Arabic and English. English translation by Norddine Zouitni, Book cultural Center, Beirut/ Casablanca, 2017.
Art Portfolios :
- Waraqun ‘Ashik (Leaves of Passion) art portfolio with Ahmed Jarid. Lahkim Bennani ‘s studio, Rabat, 2003.
- Huruf wa Alwan (Letters and Colours), Art portfolio, Marsam Publications, Rabat, 2006.
- « Kaléidoscope, Regards croisés de femmes » (Kaleidoscope, Women’s cross cultural visions) collective book, Marsam Editions, Rabat 2012.
- « Marrakech Noir » collective book, edited by Yassin Adnan, Akashic books, New York 2018.
- « Al isa’afat ala’waliya li attifl » (First Aid for Children) (paediatrics), Dar Attakafah, Casablanca, 2005.